This was done with absolutely NO consultation with residents or the community.
They are clearing a large amount of good bushland, and possibly installing 90 homes, twice what is recommended by their own zoning.
This is being considered based on a now-outdated subdivision plan from 1928.
It is being done purely for financial reasons and has not been fully documented, ie the small community of Blackheath is possibly being hugely impacted for little or no reason
They have assessed the environmental and social impact as "nil"!
THIS WILL START IN MAY 2012… not much time to have your voice heard!
Details can be found by downloading the PDF
on the right, under
"USING LAND FOR LIVING"
"Item 13: Project Plan for Existing Land Sub-Division in Hat Hill Road, Blackheath"
Things to do:
- Read the PDF.
- Register your email with us for updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell your neighbors!
- Call the Council, ask them to explain it.
- Write to the 'Blue Mountains Gazette' http://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/content/letterstotheeditor/
- Email/write to BMCC/Councillors
- Go to the Facebook page and 'LIKE' it! Comment! (Numbers matter!) and join the Facebook group
We chose to live in Blackheath, a unique small town where we can enjoy the bush. We would expect to be able to be consulted about such a major impact on our environment and our community.